Rules and liability
In joining Glasgow Coastal Rowing Club [GCRC] or participating in a rowing session as a guest or visitor you understand, acknowledge and accept the following:
- Use of GCRC skiff(s) and equipment may expose you to inherent risks, including accidents and injury.
- Use of the skiff(s) and equipment is entirely at your own risk.
- You must be physically fit and capable of taking part in the sport of coastal rowing.
- You assume all risk of injuries associated with participation including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, and all other such risks being known and appreciated.
- It is your responsibility to communicate any medical, physical and psychological concerns that might conflict with participation in the activity.
- Agree, for yourself and anyone entitled to act on your behalf, to HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE AND RELEASE GCRC, its trustees, officers, representatives, and successors from any responsibility, liabilities, demands, or claims of any kind arising out of their participation in the use of GCRC skiffs and equipment.
- GCRC does not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of property belonging to members, their guests or visitors.
- The cox has absolute discretion in deciding whether or not
- a member is fit to row for whatever reason
- the weather or tide conditions are safe for rowing
- A suitable life vest or flotation aid must be worn at all times while in the skiff. Adults may provide own life jacket/flotation aid but club officials will advise on suitability;
- Treat the boats and equipment as though they had spent hundreds of hours making and painting them.
- Report any damage to the cox.